Post-Judgment Forms

Post-Judgment Forms

Affidavit in support of a request for reopening

This document will allow you to request a reopening of a file.

For example; in the event that the defendant:

  • Did not receive his notice of trial
  • Was convicted in his absence by the court

This form will allow the defendant to put forward a request to reopen the court file (certificate of offence or parking) before a Justice of the Peace. The reopening must be filed within 30 days of the conviction date.

In the event that the request is granted by the Justice of the Peace, a new Early Resolution date or trial date will be set and the conviction and demerit points (if applicable) will be lifted pending the new outcome.

Motion for extension of time to pay a fine

This document can be used to request an extension of time to pay a Provincial Offences fine.

In order to obtain a delay to pay the fine(s) without incurring any further penalties,
the defendant must fill out this application and present it to the Justice of the Peace at the Provincial Offences office.

Guide to Appeals in Provincial Offences Cases

This guide only provides general information about the appeal process under the Provincial Offences Act.

For more information, please contact the Provincial Offences Office at 613-675-4661 or 1-800-667-6307, extension 2700.